Natural Beauty and Skincare Trends for 2017
Natural Beauty and Skincare Trends for 2017
Each year brings new information about beauty and exciting new products and actives to try! Here are our natural beauty and skincare trends for 2017!
DMAE Serums have been around for a while, but they are becoming increasingly popular, and rightly so! DMAE provides nearly instant effects to reduce signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. It makes skin look and feel refreshed – it’s like facial firming in a bottle!
“Because DMAE is so effective in low concentrations, there is often plenty of room in the formulation for other anti aging active ingredients. These serums will often contain Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, peptides, or antioxidants.
DMAE doesn’t stimulate your skin to produce collagen the way other actives do. A combination serum will give you the immediate tightening benefits of DMAE and the long-term skin restructuring abilities of other actives. That’s why we love this serum.”
Probiotics are most often used for health and wellness, but did you know that they also have great benefits for your skin? When there are harmful bacteria in your gut, it can lead to skin inflammation in the form of redness, acne and rosacea. You can help avoid this by eating probiotic-rich foods (yogurt, miso soup, kombucha), taking a supplement, or using a topical probiotic.
3.) Vitamin A (Retinol)
Retinol is one of the longest-studied actives around but is becoming very popular now due to its anti-aging benefits. Credible new studies show that the OTC forms of retinol (like retinyl acetate) are just as effective but without side effects like irritation and redness caused by forms that require a prescription (retinoids like Retin-A and Trentinoin.)
Here are our Top 3 Reasons to Add Retinol to Your Skincare Regimen:
1. Reveals brighter, healthier skin
2. Impacts skin from the deepest layers
3. Effective for many skin concerns including acne and psoriasis
If you want to try a Retinol, Kate’s Retinol Evening Renewal Serum is an anti-aging must have! Combined with Hyaluronic Acid and B Vitamins, your skin will look and feel rejuvenated and younger!
4.) Facial Mists
Facial Mists are quickly gaining popularity! They are a great way to nourish, hydrate, and give your skin a boost of energy.
Here are the Top 5 Benefits for Using a Facial Mist:
1. Provide a refreshing glow to lackluster skin
2. Ingredients work to improve the health of your skin
3. Offer the benefits of aromatherapy
5. Ideal for all skin types
Kate Ryan Skincare’s Hydro-Indulgence Energizing Facial Mist is an all-natural contribution to a more beautiful, glowing complexion.
5.) Holistically Caring for Your Skin
People are now seeing a connection between healthy body and healthy skin, and therefore the importance of feeding your body with good nutrition. Your complexion will look its best when you are getting the correct amount of antioxidants and hydration from your diet as well as your skincare regimen.
6.) Reducing Inflammation
Another new hot topic is inflammation, including what can be done to prevent it and special diets to avoid it. Foods high in saturated fats and refined sugars are common culprits of inflammation, which can result in skin problems such as eczema, acne and early aging. Eating foods high in healthy fats and antioxidants can help with inflammation. Another classic case of inflammation is from sunburn, so practicing sun safety techniques is important!
We know that antioxidants are important for a healthy body, which includes our skin! Antioxidants are superheroes of the body and having a healthy diet is our number one defense against free radicals.
Topical antioxidants prevent damage from free radicals. Following are some of their many benefits for the skin:
– Reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sun damage and scars
– Reverse the signs of aging by firming the skin and being anti-inflammatory
– Vitamin C assists in collagen production, fades hyperpigmentation and gives the skin a more clear, even tone
– Vitamin E reduces redness and offers protection from sun exposure
– Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory that slows the aging process and improves elasticity of the skin
– Vitamin A increases cell turnover, fades dark spots, clears breakouts, creates firmer skin, increases collagen production and makes skin healthier
8.) Self Care
We are reading a lot about the importance of self care, as well as ways to make self care a priority. Taking good care of your skin is a gift that you give yourself each day. If you spend five minutes taking care of your skin, focus on how good that makes you feel. Use this time to meditate, be present, and truly enjoy and appreciate the self care that you need and deserve.
One of the most beneficial things we can do for our skin is to massage it daily, encouraging healthy circulation and nutrients to come to the surface. A skin massage is like feeding our skin from the inside out and outside in! Just like after going for a facial, your skin looks pink, healthy and has that glow, it’s likely in large part due to the nice boost in circulation from the massage!
9.) Simple Skincare
It is getting easier to simplify your skincare routine! Start by using the Kate Ryan Skincare motto “everything you need, nothing you don’t.” Simple means using more of the better ingredients and less fillers and chemicals. Your skincare doesn’t have to be a 10-step process each day! Here are some tips:
1. Use fewer products each day and switch up your routine.
2. Pay attention to how your skin changes throughout the year and make changes to your products accordingly.
3. If your skin goals change, update your skincare routine by using products that will help reach specific goals.
10.) Gentle Cleansers
We are seeing a trend in people moving away from harsh cleansers and toward gentle but effective cleansers that also provide nutrition for the skin. Since we wash our skin once or twice each day, it is vital that we treat our skin well with cleansers.
Kate Ryan Skincare believes in caring for the skin during every step of the skincare process which is why we include so many additional nutritive ingredients in all of our products, including Kate’s 100% natural Nutritive Oil Cleanser and Makeup Remover. The oils in this formula are excellent at breaking down excess skin oils and removing dirt and pollution while leaving your skin with a nice moisture balance. Many cleansers contain harsh actives like lauryl sulfates that damage the upper layer of our skin, stripping it of essential lipids. This protective lipid layer is what protects our skin from the environment, especially water loss!
To take full advantage of the anti-aging actives and antioxidants in Kate’s Nutritive Oil Cleanser and Makeup Remover, we recommend the following regimen:
1. Get your skin damp using warm water to make your skin more permeable. Then apply the cleanser directly to your skin and massage, using fingertips, in a circular motion. This cleanser intentionally does not foam but it will work into a milky lather when mixed with a small amount of water on your skin.
2. Give your skin a 30 second massage while cleansing (see Self Care above for details.)
3. This cleanser also works well with a Clarisonic. Simply massage the cleanser into your skin as above, use the Clarisonic to exfoliate, then rinse.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact us with questions, comments, and new skincare trends that you are seeing!
Sign up for our email list to see more tips, trends, and 15% off on your first order!
Tags: Anti-Aging, anti-aging benefits, anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, cleanser, DMAE, facial mist, gentle cleanser, inflammation, makeup remover, massage, natural beauty, oil cleanser, probiotics, Retinol, self care, simple skincare, skin inflammation, skincare routine, skincare trend, vitamin a