What It Does
- Stimulates collagen production, improves texture, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Continually boosts cell turnover for a rejuvenated look and feel
- Accelerates fading of acne scars and inflammation
- Restores youthful elasticity and plumpness
- Enhances the skin's natural recovery process, especially in the weeks following professional treatments such as microneedling, chemical peels, and laser treatments
- Reinforces the skin's protective mechanisms to combat the signs of aging and leave skin feeling soft and smooth
Who It’s For
All skin types with visible signs of aging or anyone desiring to prevent or repair loss of firmness, lines, and wrinkles.
How It Works
Epidermal Growth Factor, often referred to as Growth Factor and scientifically known as sh-oligopeptide-1, is a naturally occurring protein in your skin.
EGF signals new cell division and growth by stimulating cells called fibroblasts, which produce collagen, hyaluronan, and elastin, ultimately leading to thicker, tighter skin. Kate’s EGF Serum also provides the nutrients required for the creation of healthy, new skin cells.
EGF acts as a natural renewal agent because it elicits an emergency response mechanism to skin damage (sunburns, cuts, etc.) by encouraging the multiplication of cells. Kate’s EGF Serum activates the body’s systems for generating new skin cells.
Our EGF Serum is based in a cell growth medium that is rich in amino acids and provides an optimally balanced nutritional environment for human keratinocyte and epithelial cell growth. The cell growth medium is important because:
- Amino acids are essential building blocks for proteins, making them key ingredients in skincare formulas. Amino acids applied topically maintain hydration, promoting soft, supple skin. They also act as antioxidants and help strengthen the skin, making the skin more resilient and slowing the aging process.
- Keratinocytes make up over 90% of the cells in the outermost layer of the skin, the epidermis. They are keratin-producing cells that protect against UV radiation, maintain hydration, and shield from infection.
- Epithelial cells offer a protective barrier for the skin.
The benefits of EGF Serum are even more pronounced when used in combination with hydrolyzed collagen and hyaluronic acid. Kate’s Collagen Booster Intense Repair Serum and EGF Serum are a powerful pair of anti-aging skincare products that work together to increase collagen production, initiate regeneration, and restore skin damaged by aging, blemishes or sun damage. EGF is a perfect topical product following chemical peels, laser treatments and microneedling.
Apply daily for healthier, tighter, plumper, younger-looking skin!
How To Use
Apply once daily to clean, dry skin. Allow serum to absorb into skin before applying other serums or moisturizer.
Q: Can this serum be used with Vitamin C?
A: The products work very well together but need a little separation. The EGF serum contains complex ingredients that can be damaged by acid. We recommend waiting at least 15 minutes after using an acidic serum, like Vitamin C, before applying the EGF Serum. The EGF works to help the body replenish skin cells, making these products a perfect duo when used correctly.
Q: What is EGF made from?
A: Through a process called 'protein expression' (a process that has been done for over 30 years), we use synthetic DNA to teach bacteria how to produce EGF that is identical to human EGF.
Q: Do you recommend using EGF with microneedling?
A: Yes! The EGF Serum can be used during or post-treatment. Growth factors rev-up collagen synthesis, making it a perfect compliment to microneedling. In addition, applying EGF following chemical peels and laser treatments can help speed the repair and renewal process.
Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Allantoin, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin, Folic Acid, Inositol, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine HCl, Riboflavin, Thiamine HCl, Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Aspartic Acid, Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, Glutamine, Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valine, Ammonium Vanadate, Ammonium Molybdate, Calcium Chloride, Copper Sulfate, Ferric Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Metasilicate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Pyruvate, Disodium Selenite, Stannous Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Adenine, Thymidine, Glucose, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Thioctic Acid, Spermidine, Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate