Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) is creating a great deal of buzz in skincare, and rightfully so. It is an old botanical with newfound popularity in the quest for natural ingredients in skincare.
With so many gotu kola benefits for your skin, it’s certainly worth learning more.
What is Centella Asiatica?
Centella asiatica is a beautiful herb, is found in damp areas, and has simple rounded leaves and pretty, petite flowers. Other names for this plant include Gotu Kola, Pennywort, and Wild Violet.
Gotu Kola has a long history of healing.
- Uses in medicine for Gotu Kola date back to the 17th century when it was known to civilizations in Africa, India, Java, France, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
- It has been used extensively in Ayurvedic medicine to treat eczema, psoriasis, lupus, and female disorders. In India, it is better known as the tiger herb because wounded tigers have been spotted rolling themselves in these leaves.
- It is widely used in traditional Chinese medicine. Chinese physicians have used it for its longevity properties and to treat colds, fevers, and the influenza virus.
- In Sri Lanka, it is referred to as the “herb of longevity” as elephants love to eat the leaves. Elephants are known for their long lifespan!
- In Asia, the leaves are used in salads and mashed leaves are added to rice. In Vietnam and Thailand, the leaves are used in drinks or eaten raw in salads or on cold rolls. Vendors sell it on the street, and it is used in a variety of Indian dishes. These different cultures used it to treat syphilis, dysentery, leprosy, tuberculosis, skin lesions, and wounds. It is used in the treatment of diarrhea and fevers, as well as in the treatment of amenorrhea, the absence of menstruation.
What are the benefits of Gotu Kola for your skin?
- Centella Asiatica is rich in amino acids, beta carotene, fatty acids, and phytochemicals. This super blend of nutrients offers fantastic benefits for the skin, including powerful anti-aging properties – read on!
- Gotu Kola improves circulation as well as the synthesis of collagen and skin tissue. Collagen is absolutely essential for maintaining a taut and youthful complexion. The natural collagen we are born with diminishes as we age (at a rate of about 1% per year). By incorporating Gotu Kola benefits into your daily skincare regimen, you’ll be supporting your skin’s underlying structure therefore, fending off the telltale signs of aging – wrinkles and loss of firmness. Centella Asiatica is especially beneficial for improving elasticity – goodbye sagging skin.
- Centella Asiatica boosts antioxidant activity at the site of wounds, strengthening the skin and increasing blood circulation.
- It is beneficial in the management of eczema, psoriasis, veins, and stretch marks. For acne sufferers, it speeds healing, helping to prevent scarring and prevent future blemishes.
You will find Centella Asiatica in almost every KRS product, including DMAE Serum, Total Nutrition Night Repair Complex, Vitamin C Daytime Repair Serum, Vitamin C Night Repair Serum, Collagen Booster Intense Repair Serum, Advanced Eye Therapy Complex, Hydro-Indulgence Energizing Facial Mist, Revitalizing Intensive Daily Moisture, Complete Daily Moisture, and Toner because we believe in the powerful, natural, anti-aging properties. As we age and our collagen breaks down, our skin is more prone to dryness, which gives it a crepey, dull appearance. In addition, years of sun exposure add up and become a major contributor to skin aging. Centella stimulates collagen production, repairs skin tissue, increases elasticity and therefore, plays a very important role in keeping the skin youthful, plump, and vibrant.
All our products are formulated with natural ingredients, including this excellent herb, and you never have to worry about any harmful chemicals!
Thanks for visiting our website to learn more about gotu kola benefits for skin.